Difference between QA and QC is the heart of software testing. In software testing these two terms are majorly used in a product and project. Here I am writing the Distinction between QA (Quality Assurance) and QC (Quality Control) in tabular form so that everybody can learn it easily especially those who are new in field of Software Testing.
Actually those who are new in testing field do not exactly know what is QA and QC that is the reason I am sharing with you the Differences in tabular form so that everybody can learn it easily whether they are new to testing field or even those who have some experienced on Testing field can also increase their knowledge by see the differences on QA and QC.
Difference between QA and QC in Software Testing - Tabular Form
1. Quality Assurance helps us to build processes.
1. Quality Control helps us to implements the build processes.
2. It is the Duty of the complete team.
2. It is only the Duty of the Testing team.
3. QA comes under the category of Verification.
3. QC comes under the category of Validation.
4. Quality Assurance is considered as the process oriented exercise.
4. Quality Control is considered as the product oriented exercise.
5. It prevents the occurrence of issues, bugs or defects in the application.
5. It always detects, corrects and reports the bugs or defects in the application.
6. It does not involve executing the program or code.
6. It always involves executing the program or code.
7. It is done before Quality Control.
7. It is done only after Quality Assurance activity is completed.
8. It can catch an error and mistakes that Quality Control cannot catch, that is why considered as Low Level Activity.
8. It can catch an error that Quality Assurance cannot catch, that is why considered as High Level Activity.
9. It is human based checking of documents or files.
9. It is computer based execution of program or code.
10. Quality Assurance means Planning done for doing a process.
10. Quality Control Means Action has taken on the process by execute them.
11. Its main focuses on preventing Defects or Bugs in the system.
11. Its main focuses on identifying Defects or Bugs in the system.
12. It is not considered as a time consuming activity.
12. It is always considered as a time consuming activity.
13. Quality Assurance makes sure that you are doing the right things in the right way that is the reason it is always comes under the category of verification activity.
13. Quality Control makes sure that whatever we have done is as per the requirement means it is as per what we have expected, that is the reason it is comes under the category of validation activity.
14. QA is Pro-active means it identifies weaknesses in the processes.
14. QC is Reactive means it identifies the defects and also corrects the defects or bugs also.
So this is all I know regarding Difference between QA and QC in Software Testing and if you know more differences on QA and QC than discuss your points in comment section. You can also give your useful opinion whether you like the post.